Ok, even I have to admit these are a little (ok, a lot) over the top – but I saw something like them online a while ago and I just had to try them. They are as good as they look, they’re spicy and cheesy and smokey . . . . and meaty. YUM. They’re the perfect party food – easy to pass around, easy to eat – they’ll be gone before you know it, but that’s okay because they’re super easy to make.
from: ben rayl, in copenhagen dk
problems viewing this recipe?
click here for a printer friendly, text version
- cream cheese - 1 8 oz (200 g) package, room temperature
- cheddar cheese - 1 cup
- garlic salt - 1 tsp
- mexican salsa - 2 tbsp
- jalapenos - 12, halved and seeded
- mini sausages - 24
- bacon - 12 slices, cut in half
- Preheat the oven to 375 F (190 C).
- In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic salt and salsa then set aside.
- Fill the bottom half of a jalapeno with some of the cream cheese mixture, then press the sausage into the cheese.
- Wrap a bacon slice around the pepper half tightly, and secure with a toothpick.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, until the jalapeno is cooked and the bacon is crispy.
- Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.