This is my dad’s recipe for probably the best breakfast potatoes I have ever had. Cooked with eggs and beef and peppers, served as a side or by themselves, these potatoes really do make the best breakfast ever. They’re easy to make, very modifiable and very very delicious.
from: richard rayl, in kansas city mo
problems viewing this recipe?
click here for a printer friendly, text version
- vegetable oil - 2 tbsp
- potatoes - about 4 cups, cubed
- green pepper - 1, diced
- onion - 1 small, finely chopped
- ground beef - 1 pound
- eggs - 6, beaten
- salt and pepper - to taste
- crushed red pepper - 1 tsp
- In a heavy skillet, heat up the oil over medium heat. Add the potatoes, pepper and onion and cook, stirring often, until the onions and pepper begin to soften.
- Increase the heat and add the ground beef. Stir and cook until the beef is cooked through and the potatoes start to brown.
- Add the eggs - allow them to set slightly, then gently fold in until cooked.