Made with Flare More Info'>
I love jasmine rice, it is so light and delicate – a perfect accompaniment to any saucy dish, especially Indian and Asian food. It can be a bit tricky to get it right, if not cooked correctly it can be very dry, or very sticky. This is a method I’ve come up with and it works perfectly for me every time. Check it out.
from: ben rayl in copenhagen dk
how to make perfect jasmine rice
- Rinse the rice well, until the water runs almost clear.
- Bring water to boil in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Add the rice and a generous pinch of salt and stir well.
- Return the water to a slight boil, then reduce the heat to very low, cover and let the rice cook for 25 minutes without lifting the lid.
- After 25 minutes, remove the rice from the heat, leave it covered, and let it sit for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid, fluff with a fork, and enjoy.