This is seriously the best chicken salad ever. The lime juice and jalapeño give it the perfect zip, and the smokey bacon adds nothing but flavor. If bacon and jalapeños are your thing, then make this – you’ll love it, trust me.
from: ben rayl, in copenhagen dk
problems viewing this recipe?
click here for a printer friendly, text version
- mayonnaise - 1/2 cup
- dijon mustard - 1 tbsp
- lime - 1, juiced
- cumin - 1/2 tsp
- chicken breasts - 2 large, cooked and shredded
- jalapenos - 2 tbsp, pickled, finely diced
- cilantro - 2 tbsp, chopped
- red onion - 2 tbsp, finely diced
- celery - 1/2 rib, finely diced
- salt and pepper - to taste
- bacon - 4 slices, cooked and roughly chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayo, mustard, lime juice and cumin - set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the chicken, jalapeños, cilantro, onion and celery together well, then season well with salt and pepper. Add the mayonnaise mix and use a fork to blend the ingredients together until very well mixed, then stir in the bacon.
- Cover and (if possible) allow to sit in the refrigerator a few hours before using.
- Serve on a bed of mixed greens tossed with some lime juice, chopped cilantro and a dash of olive oil - and add some fresh avocado. this chicken salad also makes an EXCELLENT sandwich