Broccoli Chicken Cheddar Bread
I love this bread/sandwich. It makes a perfect lunch with a cup of soup, but it’s also great finger food for a party, or the perfect addition to any brunch menu. It’s also great to wrap up and throw in your child’s lunchbox.
I really like the combination of flavors; the chicken gives great protein, and we all know how well broccoli and cheddar go together. The creamy bechamel holds it all together, making this the ultimate homemade hot pocket.
- for the bechamel:
- butter - 2 tbsp
- flour - 2 tbsp
- milk - 1 cup
- nutmeg - a pinch
- salt and pepper - to tast
- parmesan - 1 cup, grated
- for the bread:
- pastry dough - 1 - thawed, if frozen
- chicken - 2 cups, cooked and cubed
- cheddar cheese - 2 cups, shredded
- broccoli - 2 cups, florets, cut into small pieces
- egg - 1, beaten with 1 tbsp water
This recipe is part of a series I am doing for Parade's Community Table:
CLICK HERE FOR THE INSTRUCTIONS.