A while ago, I posted my modified version of no-bake cookies my mom used to make—Super Easy Nutella No-Bake Cookies. Those cookies have always been favorite of mine. They’re so simple to make and so perfectly sweet. But these bars really do give them some stiff completion. They are sweet and nutty and chocolatey, and the crushed graham crackers give the best crispy texture. These bars will keep for several days (yeah, right!) at room temperature, but I love them cold out of the fridge.
(This recipe was originally published here on 06/20/2013)
- for the peanut butter layer:
- butter - 3/4 cup
- creamy peanut butter - 1 1/2 cup
- vanilla extract - 2 tsp
- graham crackers - 3 cups, crushed
- powdered sugar - 2 cups, sifted
- salt - 1/4 tsp
- dark chocolate chips - 1/2 cup
- for the chocolate layer:
- dark chocolate chips - 1 1/2 cups
- creamy peanut butter - 1/4 cup
- peanuts - 1 cup, roughly chopped
- In a heatproof bowl over boiling water, melt the butter and 1½ cups peanut butter together, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat, stir in the vanilla and set aside, allowing to cool for about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the graham crackers, powdered sugar, salt and chocolate chips. Stir in the peanut butter mixture and mix well to combine.
- Spray the bottom of a 9x13" pan, then spread the peanut butter mixture evenly in the bottom and set aside.
make the chocolate layer:
- Use a heatproof bowl over boiling water and melt the 1½ cups chocolate chips and peanut butter together, stirring well to combine.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the peanut butter layer, tilting the pan to cover evenly.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes, then sprinkle over the chopped peanuts.
- Chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes, or until the chocolate has set, then cut into bars and serve.