Copycat Starbuck’s Pumpkin Bread & Video
It's that time of year again where pumpkin rules everything! I love me some Starbuck's pumpkin bread - it's so light but at the same time so perfectly spiced. I decided to get to work on figuring out how to duplicate their recipe for the home cook and I've hit the jackpot with this bread.
It's super easy to throw together, the ingredients aren't complicated. The thing I love most about this bread is the texture. Using egg whites as opposed to 3 whole eggs really does lighten it up so much. All of the flavors of Fall blend together perfectly in this bread - serve it warm with some melted butter and enjoy a perfect coffee-shop-like baked good in your own home.
here’s a video showing how to make it:
- all-purpose flour - 1 1/2 cups
- pumpkin pie spice - 2 tsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- baking soda - 1 tsp
- sugar - 3/4 cup
- brown sugar - 1/2 cup
- vegetable oil - 1/2 cup
- vanilla - 1/2 tsp
- egg - 1
- egg whites - 2
- pumpkin puree - 1 15 oz can
- Preheat oven to 350º F and spray a loaf pan, gently dusting with flour.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, salt and baking soda and set aside.
- In another bowl, use an electric mixer to blend together the sugars and vegetable oil, vanilla, egg and egg whites. Add the pumpkin puree and mix until combined.
- Start adding the dry ingredients to the wet mix, a little at a time until everything is combined.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for about one hour, or until a toothpick test comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool for about 15 minutes in the pan before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.