I'm always looking for a new great, hearty soup for these chilly autumn nights. A follower of mine asked for a corn chowder recipe, so I decided to make this soup. It’s super easy to make, requires little supervision, and it’s SO good. I added a little chipotle powder to give it some smoky spice to match the bacon – if you don’t have chipotle, just use some cayenne or crushed red pepper.
This soup is the perfect starter for a heavy winter dinner, or works great for lunch with some crusty bread. It will make your house smell amazing while it’s cooking and it’s so delicious, it’s a guaranteed hit.
- bacon - 3 slices, chopped
- onion - 1 large, finely diced
- garlic - 3 cloves, minced
- chipotle powder - 1 tbsp
- salt and pepper - to taste
- green chiles - 1 cup roasted and peeled, chopped
- chicken breasts - 2 pounds boneless, chopped
- corn - 4 cups, fresh and sliced from the cob (or frozen)
- potatoes - 1 pound, peeled and chopped
- chicken broth - 5 cups
- flour - 1/4 cup
- whole milk - 2 cups
This recipe is part of a series I am doing for Parade’s Community Table:
CLICK HERE FOR THE INSTRUCTIONS.