Homemade Orange Creamsicle Pops & Video
I clearly remember the joy I felt as a kid when I heard the ice cream truck coming around the corner and down our street. I don't know why, it was at the same time every day - but there was always this sense of panic to find a quarter and run out the door, chasing him down the street.
My favorite treat was always the Creamsicle - that combination of sweet orange creaminess is just perfection. It's been years since I've had one and while sweating this summer in Barcelona I decided to try them myself. They could not be easier to make, and they taste exactly like what I remember them as a kid. SO good.
I put orange food coloring in the ingredients as optional. I didn't have any on hand and mine didn't turn out as orange as I would have liked. If I had had some, I would have definitely used it. 🙂
here’s a video showing how to make it:
- orange juice - 1 cup, fresh squeezed
- coconut milk - 1 cup, full fat
- greek yogurt - 1 cup
- orange zest - 2 tsp
- honey - 2 tbsp
- vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- orange food coloring - optional
- Whisk all the ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Pour the mixture into popsicle molds, and let set in the freezer for about 30 minutes. Add the popsicle sticks and freeze for another 4-6 hours or until completely frozen.
- Run some warm water over the popsicle mold to release the popsicles.