Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Spinach Pasta
This healthy, simple dinner could not be easier to make, and it’s absolutely bursting with flavor. I made this dish for a couple adults and their children, and they were all begging for seconds. The flavors really are simple – but they blend together perfectly.
This dish is super easy to modify – a good substitution for the spinach is arugula, it can give a bit more of a bite. You can also use whatever pasta you have on hand, I think it would be great with a fork-type pasta like farfalle as well. In all honesty I used a lot more crushed red pepper than called for in the recipe, but I like things on the spicy side.
If you try this, please give me some feedback in the comments section – I’d love to know what you think.
- fettuccine - 1/2 lb
- butter - 1/2 cup, separated
- garlic cloves - 4, minced
- crushed red pepper - 1 tsp
- lemon juice - 3 tbsp, fresh squeezed
- shrimp - 1 lb, peeled and deveined
- salt and pepper - to taste
- baby spinach - 2 cups
- parmesan - 1/2 cup, freshly grated
- fresh parsley - 2 tbsp, chopped
This recipe is part of a series I am doing for Parade’s Community Table:
CLICK HERE FOR THE DIRECTIONS.