Traditional French crepes are so easy to make, and so versatile. These are pictured with ham and mushroom - they are also so good stuffed with sweet things like nutella and banana, with sugar and lemon juice, with butter and maple syrup - the list goes on and on . . . . the limit is your imagination.
- all-purpose flour - 2 cups (250 g)
- milk - 2 cups (1/2 L)
- eggs - 2
- vegetable oil - 1 tbsp
- salt - a pinch
- vanilla extract - 1/2 tsp
- Put the flour, salt, eggs, oil and a bit of the milk in a bowl and mix well.
- Slowly whisk in the remaining milk, then mix in the vanilla extract.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and using a ladle, pour enough of the mixture to just cover the bottom of the pan.
- When the crepe slides easily in the pan and starts to curl in at the edges, (about 2 minutes), flip it and cook the other side for about 30 seconds, then remove it and fill with your choice of ingredients.
Add to Favourites