0 Flares 0 Flares ×
This Mexican inspired bruschetta is perfectly zesty and a just a little spicy. It’s served on cheese-toasted baguette and is a guaranteed perfect addition to any fiesta.
- tomatoes - 3 large, ripe, seeded and finely diced about 2 cups
- olive oil - 1 tbsp + more for brushing
- cilantro - 2 tbsp, fresh, finely chopped
- red onion - 3 tbsp, finely diced
- garlic clove - 1, minced
- jalapeno - 1 small, seeded and minced
- salt - 1 tsp
- lime - 1 small
- baguette - 1, ends removed and sliced into 10 pieces
- mozzarella cheese - 1/2 cup, shredded
- avocado - for garnish
- In a large bowl, toss together the tomatoes, olive oil, cilantro, onion, garlic, jalapeño and salt until well mixed.
- Squeeze the lime over the top, and gently toss again to coat. Allow the tomatoes to sit while you prepare the bread.
- Heat your broiler, and brush each slice of baguette with olive oil. Broil about 2" away from broiler for about 1 minute, or until browned, then turn over and brown the other side.
- Sprinkle the olive oil side with a little of the mozzarella, then return to broiler to just melt the cheese, then remove from oven.
- Generously heap onto the toasted baguette pieces and garnish with a slice of avocado.