Perfectly Delicious Salmon Patties
My mom used to make salmon patties all the time when I was growing up and even though I didn’t care much for fish, I absolutely loved them. Something about the crispiness of the patties and the zesty tartar sauce – yum. I decided to try to come up with my own version of them as I remembered from childhood and I’m pretty sure I nailed it – these are delicious.
I did use fresh salmon filets for this recipe, but you can use canned if you’d like – just make sure it’s very well drained. I also think my mom used Ritz crackers, and I loved the buttery flavor they add, you can absolutely substitute them for the saltines, or use a mix. I am actually serving these on my food truck right now with a Sriracha tartar sauce for some extra spice. I just whisk Sriracha into store bought tartar sauce, and it’s delicious.
- salmon - 1/2 lb, skin on - fresh
- olive oil - 4 tbsp
- salt and pepper - to taste
- butter - 4 tbsp
- red onion - 3/4 cup, diced
- celery - 1/2 cup, diced
- red bell pepper - 1/2 cup, diced
- parsley - 1/4 cup, minced - fresh
- tabasco - 1/2 tsp
- worcestershire sauce - 1/2 tsp
- old bay seasoning - 1 1/2 tsp
- saltine crackers - 1 cup, crushed
- eggs - 2 large, lightly beaten
- mayonnaise - 1/2 cup
- dijon - 2 tsp
This recipe is part of a series I am doing for Parade's Community Table:
CLICK HERE FOR THE INSTRUCTIONS.