Quick and Easy Beef Enchiladas
Mexican food is by far my favorite food to eat—and enchiladas are at the top of my list. I have a couple different enchilada recipes on my blog (simple sour cream enchiladas, enchiladas verdes with chicken, and black bean enchiladas) but I really was in the mood for ground beef ones the other night. I decided to just make them instead of heading off to my favorite Mexican restaurant, and the result was fantastic.
I used my homemade enchilada sauce for this recipe, but if you don’t have the time, you can just get a good quality store-bought one. This recipe is really easy, and it’s also really flexible—you can add whatever ingredients you want. When I have more time, I like my Mexican ground beef to have tiny cubes of potato and green peas in it too. Delicious.
Here are some items I used to make this recipe - check them out here:
- enchilada sauce - 3 - 4 cups
- vegetable oil - 1/2 cup, separated
- onion - 1 medium, chopped
- garlic - 3 cloves, finely chopped
- ground beef - 1 1/2 pounds
- taco seasoning - 1 tbsp
- green chilies - 2 4 oz cans
- salt and pepper - to taste
- white corn tortillas - 12 - 14
- Mexican cheese blend - 1 cup, grated
- cilantro - 1/2 cup, finely chopped
This recipe is part of a series I am doing for Parade’s Community Table:
CLICK HERE FOR THE DIRECTIONS.