Roasted Chicken with Lemon and Vegetables
Most everyone has a standard method for roasting chicken, and this is the one I use most often. I really love the way the lemon adds such a zest to this dish; it plays perfectly with the garlic and thyme. For a quick, simple go-to dinner, this one is certainly in my top 5 list.
One-dish dinners are some of the easiest meals to throw together and this roasted chicken is no exception. Just chop up some vegetables, top with any kind of chicken pieces you like, add some lemon, garlic, and thyme for flavor, and pop it in the oven. About an hour later you have a perfectly balanced and flavorful dinner. It doesn’t get much easier (or more delicious) than that.
- potatoes - 1 pound, cut into wedges
- carrots - 3, peeled and roughly chopped
- garlic cloves - 6 - 10, peeled and crushed
- onions - 2, roughly chopped
- olive oil - 2 tbsp, separated
- salt and pepper - to taste
- chicken - 3 pounds, cut into pieces
- lemons - 3, sliced
- thyme - 3 sprigs, fresh
This recipe is part of a series I am doing for Parade’s Community Table:
CLICK HERE FOR THE INSTRUCTIONS.