These Rice Krispie treats are SO good! They are sweet and chocolatey and nutty – just like a Snickers. The flavor of the peanut butter in the chocolate topping really comes through and helps pull the whole yummy thing together.
from: ben rayl
problems viewing this recipe?
click here for a printer friendly, text version
- Prep Time : 20 minutes
- Cook Time : 50 minutes
- Yield : 24 - 30 bars
- Spray or grease a 9 x 13" baking dish, and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and marshmallows together over low heat, then stir in the caramel sauce and remove from heat.
- Gently stir in the Rice Krispies, then add the peanuts and Snickers pieces and stir it all together.
- Pour this into the prepared dish and press into an even layer. You can wet a wooden spoon, and use the back of it to press the mixture down firmly.
- Put a large pot of water to boil on the stove, then put a metal dish over the top, put the chocolate and peanut butter in the dish and stir gently until melted and mixed together.
- Spread the chocolate peanut butter sauce over the top of the Rice Krispies and sprinkle on the remaining chopped peanuts.
- Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes, then cut into bars.
[wpurp-searchable-recipe]snickers bar rice krispie treats – – – [/wpurp-searchable-recipe]Add to Favourites