2 Flares 2 Flares ×
Very Tasty Chicken Marsala & Video
This is a pretty traditional chicken Marsala recipe with some added lemon juice that plays really well with the sweet Marsala. You can add prosciutto or bacon if you want, but the simple uncomplicated flavors here work perfectly.
Check out these kitchen essentials helpful in making this recipe:
here’s a video showing how to make it:
- chicken breasts - 2 large, boneless and skinless
- flour - 1/2 cup
- salt and pepper - use very generously
- oregano - 1/2 tsp, dried
- vegetable oil - 2 tbsp
- butter - 2 tbsp
- mushrooms - 8 oz (250 g), sliced
- garlic cloves - 2, minced
- marsala wine - 2/3 cups
- chicken stock - 1 cup
- lemon juice - 3 tbsp, fresh squeezed
- Carefully filet the two chicken breasts horizontally, then pound them out to get 4 filets approx 1/4" thick.
- Mix the flour, salt, pepper and oregano together in a shallow bowl, then thoroughly coat the chicken pieces in it.
- Heat the oil in a non stick skillet over medium high heat and cook the chicken until browned - about 2 or 3 minutes per side, then remove and set aside.
- Reduce the heat and add the butter, scraping up and incorporating any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Stir in the mushrooms, generously sprinkle with salt and pepper, and cook until browned, about 8 - 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute or two.
- Increase the heat to high and stir in the marsala, chicken stock and lemon juice. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and allow to simmer and reduce for about 10 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan to re-heat, then serve with pasta, rice or potatoes.