7 Flares 7 Flares ×
Super Easy Zucchini Pizza Boats
Hollowed out zucchini provides the perfect 'crust' for a low carb pizza. This recipe uses pesto, tomato sauce and pepperoni for a super tasty, zesty dinner. These pizzas are so delicious, you won't even notice the missing carbs.
- zucchinis - 4
- olive oil - 2 tbsp
- garlic clove - 2, pressed
- pesto - 1/4 cup green or red
- pizza sauce - 1 cup
- pepperoni - as much as you want
- mozzarella - 1 cup, shredded
- cherry tomatoes - 2 cups, halved
- parmesan - 1/4 cup, grated
- basil leaves - a handful
- Pre heat the oven to 360 F (180 C) and grease two medium casserole dishes.
- Cut the zucchinis in half lengthwise, then gently scrape out all the seeds - hollowing out a 'boat.'
- Mix the olive oil and pressed garlic together, then brush this into the bottom of each boat and generously salt and pepper.
- Use a spoon to spread about 1 tbsp of the pesto in the bottom, then follow with a few tablespoons of pizza sauce.
- Place about 4 - 5 pepperoni slices on top, then sprinkle with the mozzarella and nestle some cherry tomato halves in the cheese.
- Sprinkle on the parmesan and bake in the top and bottom thirds of the oven for about 20 - 25 minutes, rotating the dishes halfway through baking, until the cheese is browned and the zucchini has softened.
- Garnish with some fresh basil and serve.
Add to Favourites