These Rice Krispie treats are SO good! They are sweet and chocolatey and nutty – just like a Snickers. The flavor of the peanut butter in the chocolate topping really comes through and helps pull the whole yummy thing together.
from: ben rayl
problems viewing this recipe?
click here for a printer friendly, text version
- butter - 4 tbsp
- marshmallows - 10 oz (300 g)
- caramel sauce - 1 cup
- rice krispies - 6 cups
- peanuts - 1 cup, roughly chopped reserve about 3 tbsp for topping
- snickers bars - 4 - 6 small, chopped into pieces
- milk chocolate - 1 7 oz (200 g) bar, roughly chopped
- peanut butter - 1/3 cup
- Spray or grease a 9 x 13" baking dish, and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and marshmallows together over low heat, then stir in the caramel sauce and remove from heat.
- Gently stir in the Rice Krispies, then add the peanuts and Snickers pieces and stir it all together.
- Pour this into the prepared dish and press into an even layer. You can wet a wooden spoon, and use the back of it to press the mixture down firmly.
- Put a large pot of water to boil on the stove, then put a metal dish over the top, put the chocolate and peanut butter in the dish and stir gently until melted and mixed together.
- Spread the chocolate peanut butter sauce over the top of the Rice Krispies and sprinkle on the remaining chopped peanuts.
- Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes, then cut into bars.