Chipotle chiles and cinnamon combine with rich, creamy chocolate to spice up this Aztec themed hot chocolate. Perfect on a chilly evening (maybe more so with a splash of tequila) this is cocoa with a kick.
Spicy Aztec Hot Chocolate with Chipotle
Chipotle chiles and cinnamon combine with rich, creamy chocolate to spice up this Aztec themed hot chocolate. Perfect on a chilly evening (maybe more so with a splash of tequila) this is cocoa with a kick.Print Pin Rate Share
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoon cocoa powder - high quality Dutch processed
- ½ cup dark chocolate - chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon chipotle powder - ½ teaspoon if you want it very spicy
- a pinch sea salt
- for topping whipped cream
- Heat the milk until not quite boiling in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Put the cornstarch in a small dish, and whisk in about ¼ cup of hot milk until smooth. Pour this back in, then whisk in the sugar, cocoa powder, chocolate, cinnamon, chipotle powder and salt. Bring to a boil and stir constantly until thickened - about 5 minutes.
- Keep warm until ready to serve - top with whipped cream.
Calories: 324kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 109mg | Potassium: 531mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 430IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 294mg | Iron: 3mg
Leave a Reply