This balsamic vinaigrette is probably my favorite salad dressing. I make it more than any other - it's very versatile, and goes with almost any salad. The garlic is completely optional - I rarely use more than one clove, sometimes less if I am only making a small amount. I love the spice and flavor it adds, but it is completely up to you, the dressing is just fine without.
How to Make the Best Balsamic Vinaigrette Ever & Video
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon basil - dried
- 1 clove garlic - pressed optional
- ⅛ cup olive oil
- salt and pepper - generously
- Using a wire whisk or a hand blender, pulsing on low speed, combing the vinegar with the mustard, dried basil, salt and pepper and garlic (if using).
- Pour the oil in a thin steady stream, whisking or pulsing the entire time, until the dressing reaches the correct thickness and flavor.