This bbq chicken pizza is one of my favorite combinations. I like using bbq sauce instead of tomato sauce, it makes the pizza really zing. The smoky bacon blends in perfectly, and I always use a cheddar/mozzarella mix, but pepper jack would be great too. If you like is spicy - jalapenos are a great addition to this, so is red pepper
BBQ Chicken and Bacon Pizza
- 8 bacon
- 1 small small onion
- 1 large pizza dough - storebought or homemade
- 1 ½ cups bbq sauce
- ½ cup corn - canned, drained
- 2 medium chicken breast - cooked and chopped about 2 cups
- 1 cup cheddar cheese - shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese - shredded
- Preheat the oven to 400 F (200 C).
- Cook the bacon in a large non stick skillet, then drain on paper towels. Remove most of the grease from the skillet, leaving maybe 1 tablespoon Add the chopped onions and cook until softened and beginning to brown, maybe 5 - 6 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Spread your pizza dough to a size to cover a large cookie sheet, put baking paper on the sheet and place the dough on the paper.
- Use the back of a large spoon to spread the bbq sauce evenly over the crust, then sprinkle with the onions and corn, then the chopped chicken breast and bacon.
- Mix the two shredded cheeses together and spread evenly over the top - bake for about 20 minutes, or until the cheese is golden and bubbly.