These really are the best buttermilk pancakes ever. They're thick and fluffy and perfectly delicious. While my favorite way to eat these is slathered in butter (and peanut butter) and pure maple syrup, I've found that they are equally as delicious topped with savory deliciousness for dinner. I've made them several times topped with goat cheese and sauteed mushrooms and they are incredible.
When I was a kid my mom would always crumble up bacon and put it in the batter while they're cooking - SO delicious. That also works with blueberries, bananas, whatever. The best thing about these Buttermilk Pancakes is even when you add things while they're on the griddle, the still rise up light and fluffy as ever. YUM!
Prep time on these pancakes is virtually nothing - just a couple minutes of stirring and they cook up so fast you'll be serving up these deliciously fluffy flapjacks in under 15 minutes. The recipe makes enough for about 12 - 16 pancakes, depending on their size.
And why not also try my buttermilk biscuits with some chocolate gravy on top! Yum!
Love this breakfast recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Try one of my comfort breakfast recipes for your next family meal! And if you have any questions, I'm here to help!
The Best Buttermilk Pancakes Ever
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup butter - melted
- fruit or nuts optional - blueberries, bananas, or nuts
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Lightly beat the eggs with the buttermilk, milk and melted butter.
- Just before you’re ready to cook the pancakes, add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients all at once, and stir just long enough to blend. The batter should be lumpy. If you want to add fruit or nuts, stir them in now, or you can sprinkle them on the pancakes when they’re on the griddle.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or heavy skillet over medium-high heat (375 degrees on an electric griddle). Pour ½ cup batter per pancake onto a large saute pan, spacing the pancakes apart so they don’t run together.
- When bubbles appear on the surface of the pancakes and the undersides are lightly browned, turn and cook for about 1 – 2 minutes longer, until lightly browned on the bottom.
- Serve immediately on warmed plates with the topping of your choice, or keep warm in the oven.
Weekends are meant for BRUNCH! | comfortable food
[…] The Best Buttermilk Pancakes Ever! […]
These pancakes were the best! I followed the recipe 100% and they turned out perfectly, the entire family enjoyed them (with berries on the side). Definately our new pancake recipe! thanks
Going to try this. Thanks!