This chicken salad wrap might just be my new favorite summer food. It’s light and (mostly) healthy, but it’s super-flavorful at the same time. The chipotles give the perfect amount of smoky spiciness and the pieces of fruit are the perfect complement.
I like chicken salad with the chicken in tiny pieces, so I run the chicken through my food processor to break up the big chunks. I am constantly adding chips to pretty much any sandwich I eat; I thought Fritos would give the perfect crunch to this wrap, and they do. They are optional, of course, but you should definitely try it with them. I love the crunch they provide.
Chipotle Chicken Salad Wrap
- 1 2 lb rotisserie cooked chicken - room temperature
- 1 medium white onion - chopped
- ½ cup celery - finely chopped
- 1 cup red grapes - seedless chopped
- ¾ cup pineapple - drained well
- 2 chipotles - in adobo
- 2 teaspoon adobo sauce
- ⅓ cup greek yoghurt
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup lime juice - fresh squeezed
- ½ cup cilantro - chopped
- to taste salt and pepper
- 4 wraps
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups fritos
- Remove the meat from the chicken and either shred finely with two forks or chop in a food processor, then put in a large bowl. Add the onion, celery, grapes and pineapple and toss to combine.
- Pour this over the chicken mixture and toss well to combine.
- Lay out 4 - 6 of the wraps, spread evenly with baby spinach, then scoop equal parts of the chicken mixture over the top.
- Sprinkle with the corn chips, wrap up tightly, and serve.