This no-bake chocolate peanut butter bar recipe is the perfect embodiment of that magic that chocolate and peanut butter create when paired together. They are layered on top of a crushed graham cracker crust which gives the perfect crunchy base for all that chocolatey nutty deliciousness. I have been obsessed with chocolate and peanut butter together for most of my life and it’s funny that now I live in Europe people think I am crazy for it. They can call me crazy all they want, or think what they wish, but no way, no how will I ever renounce my deep and true love for peanut butter and chocolate.
I love no-bake cookies, especially in those summer months when turning on that oven just sounds like a horrible thing to do. If you’re in that same camp – you should check out these Super Easy Nutella No-Bake Cookies. My mom made them all the time growing up and they’re ridiculously easy and require zero heating up of the oven either. 🙂
There’s only about 30 minutes of prep time to make these Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars, then you just let them chill in the fridge for a while and soon you’ll be enjoying about 2 dozen slabs of crispy, nutty, chocolatey deliciousness. These bars will keep for several days (yeah, right) at room temperature, but I love them cold out of the fridge.
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
for the peanut butter layer:
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups graham crackers - crushed
- 2 cups powdered sugar - sifted
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
for the chocolate layer:
- 1 ½ cups dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup peanuts - roughly chopped
make the peanut butter layer:
- In a heatproof bowl over boiling water, melt the butter and 1½ cups peanut butter together, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat, stir in the vanilla and set aside, allowing to cool for about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the graham crackers, powdered sugar, salt and chocolate chips. Stir in the peanut butter mixture and mix well to combine.
- Spray the bottom of a 9x13" pan, then spread the peanut butter mixture evenly in the bottom and set aside.
make the chocolate layer:
- Use a heatproof bowl over boiling water and melt the 1½ cups chocolate chips and peanut butter together, stirring well to combine.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the peanut butter layer, tilting the pan to cover evenly.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes, then sprinkle over the chopped peanuts.
- Chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes, or until the chocolate has set, then cut into bars and serve.