This chocolate dipped peanut butter cookie recipe truly embody one of the best flavor combinations around – in my humble opinion. I’ve been obsessed with peanut butter and chocolate together since I was a kid, and making these cookies is a lot healthier than shoving handfuls of Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups into my mouth, haha.
Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies
This chocolate dipped peanut butter cookie recipe truly embody one of the best flavor combinations around – in my humble opinion. I’ve been obsessed with peanut butter and chocolate together since I was a kid.Print Pin Rate Share
Servings: 24 Servings
for the cookies:
- 1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter - room temperature
- ½ cup sugar - plus more for rolling cookies
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg - room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter - room temperature
for the chocolate:
- 2 cups dark chocolate - chips or chunks from a chopped up bar
- ½ cup peanuts - finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C).
make the cookies:
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together the butter and sugars, until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla, mix well - then mix in the peanut butter.
- Add the flour mixture and mix on low speed until combined.
- Spread about ¼ cup of sugar on a flat plate, then use a 1 tablespoon measuring spoon to form balls of the dough, roll them in the sugar, then place on baking paper lined baking sheets - about 2 " apart.
- Use a fork and gently press down twice in a criss cross pattern to flatten them slightly.
- Bake for about 10 - 12 minutes - do not overbake. Cool slightly on the baking sheet, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely before dipping in chocolate.
to make the chocolate:
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave, or in a heatproof bowl over a pot of boiling water - stirring often so it melts evenly.
- Dip each cooled cookie halfway into the melted chocolate, shake off any excess, then place on baking paper to set and sprinkle the chocolate with chopped peanuts.
- Transfer to the fridge for about 30 minutes to help the chocolate set.
Calories: 241kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 154mg | Potassium: 233mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 25IU | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 3mg
Leave a Reply