This chocolate dipped peanut butter cookie recipe truly embody one of the best flavor combinations around – in my humble opinion. I’ve been obsessed with peanut butter and chocolate together since I was a kid, and making these cookies is a lot healthier than shoving handfuls of Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups into my mouth, haha.
Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies
for the cookies:
- 1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter - room temperature
- ½ cup sugar - plus more for rolling cookies
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg - room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter - room temperature
for the chocolate:
- 2 cups dark chocolate - chips or chunks from a chopped up bar
- ½ cup peanuts - finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C).
make the cookies:
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together the butter and sugars, until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla, mix well - then mix in the peanut butter.
- Add the flour mixture and mix on low speed until combined.
- Spread about ¼ cup of sugar on a flat plate, then use a 1 tbsp measuring spoon to form balls of the dough, roll them in the sugar, then place on baking paper lined baking sheets - about 2 " apart.
- Use a fork and gently press down twice in a criss cross pattern to flatten them slightly.
- Bake for about 10 - 12 minutes - do not overbake. Cool slightly on the baking sheet, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely before dipping in chocolate.
to make the chocolate:
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave, or in a heatproof bowl over a pot of boiling water - stirring often so it melts evenly.
- Dip each cooled cookie halfway into the melted chocolate, shake off any excess, then place on baking paper to set and sprinkle the chocolate with chopped peanuts.
- Transfer to the fridge for about 30 minutes to help the chocolate set.