This honey mustard chicken recipe is over the top delicious. It's creamy and tangy, cheesy and crispy perfection. This is so good you won't have to worry about leftovers.
You can modify this dish at will, if you don't want the crispy breadcrumb topping just leave it off, and if you don't have provolone, just use swiss, or another easily melting white cheese. You can substitute regular Dijon for the stone ground if you want, but I like the stone ground because it adds an extra layer of sweetness.
However you make it - following my instructions or venturing out on your own, I can guarantee that there will be little to no leftovers on the table, because this chicken is moist and tender and ridiculously flavorful. YUM.
Cheesy Honey Mustard Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts - boneless and skinless
- 3 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard - stone ground
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ¾ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 strips bacon - cooked and chopped
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- to taste salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Use a meat mallet to pound the chicken breasts out a bit to flatten them a bit and to make them roughly the same size. Generously salt and pepper them on both sides and place in a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, honey, Dijon, lemon juice and paprika. Spread this evenly over the chicken breasts then sprinkle and pack the bread crumbs on top. Drizzle (or spray) with some olive oil so they brown and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Divide the bacon evenly over each breast, then put a slice of cheese on each one and return to the oven for about 10 more minutes, or until the cheese begins to brown.