This Mexican salsa fresca or pico de gallo recipe is the perfect base for guacamole and it’s delicious on pretty much any kind of taco or burrito. It's great in the morning with eggs - just strain it well, throw it in some hot butter for a few seconds before adding some whisked eggs, then scramble it all together and serve with warm tortillas.
Pair this lovely Mexican salsa with my easy taco casserole with ground beef. The combination is beyond words and an instant family classic.
Easy Mexican Salsa Fresca (Pico de Gallo)
This Mexican salsa fresca or pico de gallo recipe is the perfect base for guacamole and it’s delicious on pretty much any kind of taco or burrito.Print Pin Rate Share
Servings: 4 Servings
- 3 plum tomatoes - very ripe, seeded and finely diced
- 1 medium white onion
- 1 jalapeno - more depending on spice wanted
- ¼ cup cilantro - finely chopped
- salt - to taste
- 1 lime - juice
- To de-seed the tomatoes, slice in half, then use two fingers to pull the seeds and any liquid out, then chop very finely.
- Toss the tomatoes, onions and jalapenos together in a medium bowl.
- Add the cilantro and salt, then toss again.
- Squeeze a lime over the salsa, tossing it as you squeeze - coating it well with lime juice.
- Cover tightly in plastic wrap and store in the fridge, preferably for at least a few hours before using - shake it up every once and awhile.
Calories: 26kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 181mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 501IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg
love this but can it be made at least 1 day ahead of party?