These bar cookies are so delicious. The base is perfectly chewy, the topping is rich and sweet - they really taste a lot like pecan pie. They're so easy to make, but they are so good they're perfect for the holidays - to serve to guests or to gift. I made them the first time a few years ago, and have made them as gifts several times since. I have gotten nothing but rave reviews and they have become a definite favorite of mine.
English Cherubs Bar Cookies
Print Pin Rate Share
These bar cookies are so delicious. The base is perfectly chewy, the topping is rich and sweet - they really taste a lot like pecan pie.
Servings: 20 Servings
- 1 cup brown sugar - firmly packed, separated
- ½ cup butter
- 1 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup coconut - flaked
- ½ cup pecans - chopped (or walnuts)
- pinch of salt
- Pre heat oven to 350 F (175 C) and grease a baking dish (9"x 9").
- Combine ½ cup of the brown sugar, the butter, flour and a dash of salt.
- Mix together with your hands until very combined, then press well into the bottom of your baking dish and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with an electric mixer until foamy, about 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining brown sugar, the sugar, vanilla, and salt and mix well, then stir in the coconut and nuts.
- Pour the mixture over the base in the baking dish and bake in the oven for about 30 - 35 minutes, or until the top is set and lightly browned.
Calories: 127kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 46mg | Potassium: 56mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 38IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg
Its just delicous! Thanks
Just wondering- how do you get 24-30 bars out of a 9 x 9 pan?!