Another twist on these tasty Mexican pizzas is this baked Tex Mex Casserole with ground beef and beans. Just top with dollop of sour cream and enjoy!
Individual Mexican Pizzas
Spice up pizza night with these south of the border individual Mexican pizzas. A traditional pizza crust provides the perfect base for refried beans, taco meat, gooey cheese and your choice of taco toppings.Print Pin Rate Share
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion - chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- to taste salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 8 oz jar taco sauce
- 3 tablespoon tomato paste
- 6 pizza dough
- 16 oz refried beans
- 2 cups salsa - chunky
- 2 cups monterey jack - or cheddar cheese
- 1 lettuce - for garnish iceberg shredded
- ½ cup sour cream - for garnish
- 1 tomatoes - for garnish diced
- 10 black olives sliced - for garnish
- 2 jalapenos - for garnish pickled
- Preheat the oven to 400 F (200 C).
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large skillet and cook the onion and garlic until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Increase the heat and add the ground beef, cook until browned, breaking it up often. Add salt and pepper and the taco seasoning, then stir in the taco sauce, tomato paste and about ¼ cup of water. Allow to boil and thicken for about 7 - 8 minutes.
- Lay out the pizza dough and spread an equal amount of refried beans on each one. Spoon about ¼ cup of salsa on top and spread out evenly.
- Top with equal parts of ground beef, spreading it to the edge, then sprinkle each one generously with cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and golden and the crust is cooked, about 12 - 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly, then top with shredded lettuce, sour cream, tomatoes, olives and pickled jalapenos. Serve with additional salsa if you like.
Calories: 691kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 2064mg | Potassium: 810mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 1826IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 398mg | Iron: 5mg
this week's comfort food | comfortable food
[…] Thursday individual mexican pizzas […]