This is seriously the best chicken salad ever. The lime juice and jalapeño give it the perfect zip, and the smoky bacon adds nothing but flavor. This chicken salad is perfect on a bed of field greens, it's also great on some toasted whole wheat bread as a sandwich. This is perfect summer picnic food.
The Best (Jalapeño and Bacon) Chicken Salad Ever
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1, juiced lime
- ½ tsp cumin
- 2 large chicken breasts - cooked and shredded
- 2 tbsp jalapenos - pickled finely diced
- 2 tbsp - chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp red onion - finely diced
- ½ rib celery - finely diced
- to taste salt and pepper
- 4 slices bacon - cooked and roughly chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayo, mustard, lime juice and cumin - set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the chicken, jalapeños, cilantro, onion and celery together well, then season well with salt and pepper. Add the mayonnaise mix and use a fork to blend the ingredients together until very well mixed, then stir in the bacon.
- Cover and (if possible) allow to sit in the refrigerator a while before serving.
- Serve on a bed of mixed greens tossed with some lime juice, chopped cilantro and a dash of olive oil - and add some fresh avocado.