Quiche is always one of my go to meals when I want a quick brunch or breakfast party and this Spinach Mushroom Quiche is one of my all time favorites.
Le Quiche with Spinach and Mushrooms
Quiche is always one of my go to meals when I want a quick brunch or breakfast party and this Spinach Mushroom Quiche is one of my all time favorites.Print Pin Rate Share
- 1 pie crust
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion - finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 3 cups mushrooms - sliced
- 2 cups spinach - fresh
- 2 medium tomatoes - thickly sliced
- 1 ½ tbsp dijon mustard
- 6 eggs - room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream - crème fraiche
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F / 175°C degrees.
- Grease a deep pie tin, or baking dish and line it with your crust.
- Poke holes with a fork all around the bottom.
- Line the crust with aluminum foil, and cover with pastry weights, or dried beans or rice, then pre-bake the crust in your heated oven for about 15 minutes. Remove the foil and weights, and bake uncovered for about 5 more minutes, or until starting to brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool until you’re ready to fill it. While the crust is baking you can prepare the mushrooms and egg filling.
- Sautee the onion in olive oil over medium heat until it starts browning, about 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sautee for a couple minutes more.
- Increase the heat to medium high, add the mushrooms and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Stirring frequently, cook until most of the liquid is evaporated and mushrooms have halved in size, about 10 minutes.
- Place in a strainer, and let drain and cool until you need them.
- To make the egg filling, beat the eggs with the sour cream and salt and pepper with a whisk until completely combined, about a minute.
- Spread the dijon mustard on the bottom of the pre-cooked dough.
- Add the drained mushrooms and spread evenly around the bottom.
- Add the fresh spinach pushing it down slightly to pack it tighter.
- Pour the egg mixture over the spinach, making sure to cover it all.
- Pat the tomato slices with a paper towel, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and arrange on top of the quiche, pushing down slightly to make sure the egg covers them partly.
- Bake the quiche in the oven for about 30 – 40 minutes, or until puffed up and set.
Sugar Conscious • Vegetarian • Pescatarian • Peanut Free • Tree Nut Free • Soy Free • Fish Free • Shellfish Free • Pork Free • Red Meat Free • Crustacean Free • Celery Free • Sesame Free • Lupine Free • Mollusk Free • Alcohol Free • Sulphite Free • Kosher
Calories: 340kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 184mg | Sodium: 265mg | Potassium: 486mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1759IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 97mg | Iron: 2mg