This Mexican inspired bruschetta is perfectly zesty and a just a little spicy. It’s served on cheese-toasted baguette and is a guaranteed perfect addition to any fiesta.
This Mexican inspired bruschetta is perfectly zesty and a just a little spicy. It’s served on cheese-toasted baguette and is a guaranteed perfect addition to any fiesta.Print Pin Rate Share
Servings: 10 servings
- 3 large tomatoes - ripeseeded and finely diced -about 2 cups
- 1 tbsp olive oil - for brushing
- 2 tbsp cilantro - fresh finely chopped
- 3 tbsp red onion - finely diced
- 1 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 small jalapeno - seeded and minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 small lime
- 1 baguette - ends removed and sliced into 10 pieces
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese - shredded
- for garnish avocado
- In a large bowl, toss together the tomatoes, olive oil, cilantro, onion, garlic, jalapeño and salt until well mixed.
- Squeeze the lime over the top, and gently toss again to coat. Allow the tomatoes to sit while you prepare the bread.
- Heat your broiler, and brush each slice of baguette with olive oil. Broil about 2" away from broiler for about 1 minute, or until browned, then turn over and brown the other side.
- Sprinkle the olive oil side with a little of the mozzarella, then return to broiler to just melt the cheese, then remove from oven.
- Generously heap onto the toasted baguette pieces and garnish with a slice of avocado.
Calories: 111kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 424mg | Potassium: 178mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 517IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 1mg