These muffins encompass one of the best flavor combinations ever - banana, nutella and coconut. Not too sweet, but perfectly rich and balanced, they're the perfect accompaniment to a cup of tea or coffee.
Nutella Stuffed Banana Bread Muffins
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 3 medium bananas - overripe mashed
- ¼ cup coconut - shredded
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 banana - sliced into 12 pieces
- 12 tsp nutella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin, or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat together the sugars, oil and egg until light and creamy. Stir in the bananas, coconut, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt, then add this to the wet mixture and mix together until smooth and combined.
- Fill a muffin tin just under halfway full, then add 1 banana slice and a spoonful of nutella, then add some more batter to cover the nutella and fill the muffin cup.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick test comes back clean.
- Allow to cool about 10 minutes in muffin tin, then remove to cool completely on wire racks.