Rich and chewy, nutty and chocolatey - these oatmeal fudge bars are super easy to make and they are so delicious, they will not be around for long.
Check out my delicious and easy to make peppermint fudge recipe.
Love this dessert recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Try one of my comfort dessert recipes for your next meal! And if you have any questions, I'm here to help!
Dense and Chewy Oatmeal Fudge Bars
Rich and chewy, nutty and chocolatey - these oatmeal fudge bars are super easy to make and they are so delicious, they will not be around for long.Print Pin Rate Share
Servings: 24 servings
- 2 cups brown sugar - packed
- ¾ cup margarine - softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups bisquick
- 3 cups oats - quick cooking
- 1 package chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoon butter - or margarine
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup nuts
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Mix the brown sugar, ¾ cup margarine, eggs and vanilla together, then stir in the bisquick and oats until it reaches a uniform consistency.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave, then stir in the condensed milk, margarine, salt, nuts and 2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Press about ⅔ of the oat mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish, then spread over the chocolate layer. Drop in the rest of the oat mixture and bake for 30 minutes or until lightly brown.
Calories: 297kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 304mg | Potassium: 175mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 311IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 1mg
Love your recipes, especially since they're some very special ones from your growing up & from your mother. Such a gift! My sis made a special pack of her fav. recipes before she passed from lung cancer for her 9 & 10 yr old girls. They are like gold to us as you can imagine.
I'm going to pass this one on to the girls. Both in college now. Can't wait to make them with them! ???
My Mom's Home Cooking - a Collection from Her Table to Yours | comfortable food
[…] Oatmeal Fudge Bars […]
10 Delicious Things that are Easy to Bring Along for any Picnic, BBQ or Potluck | comfortable food
[…] perfect sweet treat that travels well are these Dense and Chewy Oatmeal Fudge Bars. They couldn’t be easier to make, they’re not too sweet and they have the perfect […]
How many ounces of chocolate chips, or what size package? I normally buy such things in very large packages.
yeah, thanks for the recipe error. bought the ingredients, not cheap by the way, and made this and watched it cook....and cook....and cook.....looked up a different website and lo and behold! Nothing cooks at 250, and I am giving you the benefit of the doubt thinking "the oats must absorb the ingredients and firm up".So, I will never come back to this site for recipes.
so glad you can blog here, I was questioning the 250 also! Thanks, definitely going to make this!
should that be 350 instead of 250??
Can butter be used in this recipe instead of the margerine