This blueberry cake is such an easy dessert - it requires very few ingredients and only one dish to mix and cook it in, so cleanup is a cinch. This is an old Swedish recipe, passed down in my family for generations.
Easy One Dish Blueberry Cake
This blueberry cake is such an easy dessert - it requires very few ingredients and only one dish to mix and cook it in, so cleanup is a cinch.Print Pin Rate Share
Servings: 6 servings
- ¾ cup butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups fresh blueberries - or frozen
- Preheat the oven to 425 F (220 C).
- Put the butter in a cast iron skillet or pie dish and place it in the oven until the butter is melted.
- Carefully remove the hot dish from the oven. Stir the vanilla into the hot butter, then add the dry ingredients and use the spoon to mix it all together into a dough, spreading it evenly across the bottom.
- Sprinkle the blueberries on top and bake for about 25 - 30 minutes, until golden brown and set. Serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
Calories: 198kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 297mg | Potassium: 75mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 2mg