This blueberry cake is such an easy dessert - it requires very few ingredients and only one dish to mix and cook it in, so cleanup is a cinch. This is an old Swedish recipe, passed down in my family for generations.
Easy One Dish Blueberry Cake
- ¾ cup butter
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups fresh blueberries - or frozen
- Preheat the oven to 425 F (220 C).
- Put the butter in a cast iron skillet or pie dish and place it in the oven until the butter is melted.
- Carefully remove the hot dish from the oven. Stir the vanilla into the hot butter, then add the dry ingredients and use the spoon to mix it all together into a dough, spreading it evenly across the bottom.
- Sprinkle the blueberries on top and bake for about 25 - 30 minutes, until golden brown and set. Serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream