Want to kick your breadsticks recipe up a notch or two? Then you should definitely check out these Parma Sticks - they are the best breadsticks ever. They are so good - chewy and crunchy and cheesy and the ham adds amazing flavor. Use a store bought pizza dough - or make your own.
Parma Sticks – aka the The Best Breadsticks Ever
- 1, pizza dough - store bought or homemade
- 2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 10 slices prosciutto
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese - shredded
- 1 egg
- Pre heat the oven to 400 F (200 c) and roll the pizza dough out so it is very thin, about ⅛".
- Brush the mustard all over the dough, then cut it into 10 equal sized strips, from top to bottom with the wide side of the dough on top.
- Place a slice of ham on each strip, sprinkle with cheese, and evenly twist each piece around a few times.
- Whisk the egg with 1 tablespoon of water, and brush each breadstick well. Bake for about 12 - 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve by themselves as an appetizer, or on the side of any pasta dish.