This recipe for apple crisp could not be easier to throw together. It's completely delicious (especially with ice cream) and impossible to mess up - it comes out perfect every time.
Quick and Easy Apple Crisp
This recipe for apple crisp could not be easier to throw together. It's completely delicious (especially with ice cream) and impossible to mess up - it comes out perfect every time.Print Pin Rate Share
Servings: 6 servings
- 4 granny smith apples
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup oats
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon nutmeg - ground nutmeg
- ⅓ cup butter - softened
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and grease an 8" x 8" pan.
- Place apple slices in bottom of pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients well, then sprinkle over the apples.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the apples are tender and the topping is golden brown. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream
Calories: 241kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 24mg | Potassium: 222mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 40g | Vitamin A: 89IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 1mg
Just made this and it was yummy! Best ever probably. Hubby even counted on how great the topping came out.
I am baking this right now. Is there not supposed to be some butter in the topping? I just cant see how it is going to turn out when it is a totally dry topping?? I am hoping it turns out and I dont waiste all my apples.... although I'm sure I will eat it regardless.