There are few flavor combinations I like more than chocolate and peanut butter. Something about that nutty creaminess mixed with a good bittersweet chocolate is just perfection for me.
I had a last minute dinner party last weekend and needed to come up with a quick and easy dessert that I had all the ingredients for already – and this pudding was just the answer. It was chilling in the fridge in less than 15 minutes after I started making it – giving me plenty of time to focus on the main course.
This recipe makes 4 – 6 desserts, depending on the size of your ramekins. I only have large ones, so I made 4, but it’s pretty dense and rich, so I think 6 smaller ones might be a better choice. You can use crunchy peanut butter if you want, but I think the texture of this pudding was perfect super creamy – then add chopped peanuts on top to give it that crunch. It’s really delicious – and perfect for kids and adults alike.
Quick and Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Pudding
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅓ cup chocolate - in pieces bittersweet
- ¼ cup peanut butter - creamy
- ½ cup whipped cream - for garnish
- 1 banana - sliced
- 2 tbsp peanuts - chopped
- In a medium sauce pot, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch, cocoa powder and salt.
- Whisk in the milk, cream and vanilla, then bring to a boil over medium high heat. Cook, whisking constantly, for a minute or two, or until the pudding begins to thicken then remove from heat.
- Add the chocolate pieces and the peanut butter and whisk until combined and smooth.
- Divide the pudding equally between 4 or 6 bowls, then chill - uncovered - for about 2 - 3 hours.
- Garnish with whipped cream, banana pieces and chopped peanuts.