The creamy coconut and almond topping on these Almond Joy Brownies turns this everyday chocolate treat into something very special. Almond Joy's are quite possibly my favorite candy and were the clear inspiration behind these brownies. The brownies themselves are rich and dense, and all that coconut and almond on top just takes them to the next level of yum!
These are perfect for dessert or an afternoon snack, anyone that loves the combination of coconut and chocolate is sure to love these brownies.
have these things around and make these brownies whenever you want:
brownies! brownies! brownies! check these out:
check out our latest videos
- all purpose flour - 1 1/3 cups
- sugar - 2 cups
- cocoa powder - 3/4 cup
- baking powder - 1 tsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- vegetable oil - 3/4 cup
- eggs - 5, lightly beaten
- almond extract - 1 tsp
- condensed milk - 1 14 oz can
- marshmallow creme - 1 cup
- coconut - 2 cups, shredded
- almonds - 1 cup, chopped and toasted
- chocolate chips - 1 cup, semisweet
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and grease a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the oil, eggs and almond extract. Use a spoon to stir the wet mixture into the dry ingredients - be careful to not over mix.
- Spread this mixture into the prepared baking dish and bake for about 20 - 25 minutes, or until a toothpick test comes back clean. Set aside and allow to cool while making the coconut topping.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, bring the condensed milk to a boil - stirring often. Stir in the marshmallow cream until combined, then stir in the coconut and remove from heat.
- Poke holes all over the surface of the brownies with a fork, then spread the coconut mixture over the top. Put them back in the hot oven for about 10 minutes, then remove and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring often so they don’t burn. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the bars and sprinkle with the almond pieces.
- Allow to cool, then refrigerate until ready to serve.
this post contains affiliate links