Chipotle chiles and cinnamon combine with rich, creamy chocolate to spice up this Aztec themed hot chocolate. Perfect on a chilly evening (maybe more so with a splash of tequila) this is cocoa with a kick.
- whole milk - 4 cup
- cornstarch - 2 tbsp
- sugar - 2 tbsp
- cocoa powder - 3 tbsp, high quality Dutch processed
- dark chocolate - 1/2 cup, chopped
- cinnamon - 1 tsp
- chipotle powder - 1/4 tsp 1/2 tsp if you want it very spicy
- sea salt - a pinch
- whipped cream - for topping
- Heat the milk until not quite boiling in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Put the cornstarch in a small dish, and whisk in about 1/4 cup of hot milk until smooth. Pour this back in, then whisk in the sugar, cocoa powder, chocolate, cinnamon, chipotle powder and salt. Bring to a boil and stir constantly until thickened - about 5 minutes.
- Keep warm until ready to serve - top with whipped cream.