This bbq chicken pizza is one of my favorite combinations. I like using bbq sauce instead of tomato sauce, it makes the pizza really zing. The smoky bacon blends in perfectly, and I always use a cheddar/mozzarella mix, but pepper jack would be great too. If you like is spicy - jalapenos are a great addition to this, so is red pepper.
- bacon - 8 - 10 slices, thick cut
- onion - 1 small
- pizza dough - 1 large storebought or homemade
- bbq sauce - about 1 1/2 cups
- corn - 1/2 cup, canned, drained
- chicken breast - 2 medium, cooked and chopped about 2 cups
- cheddar cheese - 1 cup, shredded
- mozzarella cheese - 1 cup, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 400 F (200 C).
- Cook the bacon in a large non stick skillet, then drain on paper towels. Remove most of the grease from the skillet, leaving maybe 1 tbsp. Add the chopped onions and cook until softened and beginning to brown, maybe 5 - 6 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Spread your pizza dough to a size to cover a large cookie sheet, put baking paper on the sheet and place the dough on the paper.
- Use the back of a large spoon to spread the bbq sauce evenly over the crust, then sprinkle with the onions and corn, then the chopped chicken breast and bacon.
- Mix the two shredded cheeses together and spread evenly over the top - bake for about 20 minutes, or until the cheese is golden and bubbly.