hese peanut butter cookies dipped in chocolate embody one of the best flavor combinations around. They are a bit crispy, but somehow chewy at the same time. Crunchy peanut butter adds great texture to them, and the quick bath they take in dark chocolate just pushes them to a whole different level.
- for the cookies:
- all purpose flour - 1 3/4 cups
- baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- baking powder - 1 tsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- butter - 1/2 cup (115 g), room temperature
- sugar - 1/2 cup plus more for rolling cookies in
- brown sugar - 1/2 cup
- egg - 1 large, room temperature
- vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- peanut butter - 1 cup crunchy, room temperature
- for the chocolate:
- chocolate - 2 cups dark, chips or chunks from a chopped up bar
- peanuts - 1/2 cup, finely chopped
Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C).
make the cookies:
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together the butter and sugars, until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla, mix well - then mix in the peanut butter.
- Add the flour mixture and mix on low speed until combined.
- Spread about 1/4 cup of sugar on a flat plate, then use a 1 tbsp measuring spoon to form balls of the dough, roll them in the sugar, then place on baking paper lined baking sheets - about 2 " apart.
- Use a fork and gently press down twice in a criss cross pattern to flatten them slightly.
- Bake for about 10 - 12 minutes - do not overbake. Cool slightly on the baking sheet, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely before dipping in chocolate.
to make the chocolate:
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave, or in a heatproof bowl over a pot of boiling water - stirring often so it melts evenly.
- Dip each cooled cookie halfway into the melted chocolate, shake off any excess, then place on baking paper to set and sprinkle the chocolate with chopped peanuts.
- Transfer to the fridge for about 30 minutes to help the chocolate set.