These Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies truly embody one of the best flavor combinations around – in my humble opinion. I’ve been obsessed with peanut butter and chocolate together since I was a kid, and making these cookies is a lot healthier than shoving handfuls of Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups into my mouth, haha.
These cookies are a bit crispy, but somehow chewy at the same time and the dark chocolate dip really just does take them to that next level. I am a creamy peanut butter person through and through and that’s what I used in this recipe. If you’re a crunchy person, by all means use it – it will just add a bit more texture to them. These cookies could not be a better embodiment of the deliciousness that is the combination of peanut butter and chocolate. If you’re a peanut butter and chocolate addict like me, I promise you will absolutely love these cookies.
This recipe makes about 2 dozen cookies, and the prep time is about 20 minutes and they don’t cook long, only about 10 minutes so you can be snarfing them down in about 1/2 an hour. YUM!
is peanut butter and chocolate your thing? check these out:
Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 2 dozen
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 254
- Carbohydrate Content: 25.1g
- Cholesterol Content: 20mg
- Fat Content: 15.3g
- Fiber Content: 1.7g
- Protein Content: 5.8g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6.8g
- Serving Size: 24
- Sodium Content: 179mg
- Sugar Content: 15.5g
- for the cookies:
- all purpose flour - 1 3/4 cups
- baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- baking powder - 1 tsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- butter - 1/2 cup (115 g), room temperature
- sugar - 1/2 cup plus more for rolling cookies in
- brown sugar - 1/2 cup
- egg - 1 large, room temperature
- vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- peanut butter - 1 cup crunchy, room temperature
- for the chocolate:
- chocolate - 2 cups dark, chips or chunks from a chopped up bar
- peanuts - 1/2 cup, finely chopped
Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C).
make the cookies:
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together the butter and sugars, until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla, mix well - then mix in the peanut butter.
- Add the flour mixture and mix on low speed until combined.
- Spread about 1/4 cup of sugar on a flat plate, then use a 1 tbsp measuring spoon to form balls of the dough, roll them in the sugar, then place on baking paper lined baking sheets - about 2 " apart.
- Use a fork and gently press down twice in a criss cross pattern to flatten them slightly.
- Bake for about 10 - 12 minutes - do not overbake. Cool slightly on the baking sheet, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely before dipping in chocolate.
to make the chocolate:
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave, or in a heatproof bowl over a pot of boiling water - stirring often so it melts evenly.
- Dip each cooled cookie halfway into the melted chocolate, shake off any excess, then place on baking paper to set and sprinkle the chocolate with chopped peanuts.
- Transfer to the fridge for about 30 minutes to help the chocolate set.
this post contains affiliate links