These muffins encompass one of the best flavor combinations ever - banana, nutella and coconut. Not too sweet, but perfectly rich and balanced, they're the perfect accompaniment to a cup of tea or coffee.
- brown sugar - 1/2 cup
- sugar - 1/2 cup
- vegetable oil - 1/2 cup
- egg - 1 large
- bananas - 3 medium, overripe, mashed
- coconut - 1/4 cup, shredded
- vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- all purpose flour - 2 cups
- baking soda - 1 tsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- banana - 1, sliced into 12 pieces
- nutella - 12 tsp
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin, or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat together the sugars, oil and egg until light and creamy. Stir in the bananas, coconut, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt, then add this to the wet mixture and mix together until smooth and combined.
- Fill a muffin tin just under halfway full, then add 1 banana slice and a spoonful of nutella, then add some more batter to cover the nutella and fill the muffin cup.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick test comes back clean.
- Allow to cool about 10 minutes in muffin tin, then remove to cool completely on wire racks.