It's a bit ridiculous how easy it is to make this Beef and Cabbage Soup. You literally just throw a bunch of things in a pot, then wait about 40 minutes and you've got a bowl of just about the best soup you'll ever have. There's something about the combination of ingredients that makes this soup just awesome.
This is a recipe I got from my mother years ago, and I crave it often in the winter when I don't want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen but I want a comforting, hearty bowl of soup. Seriously, if you've yet to make this, you really need to try it. I promise you'll be hooked from the first spoonful.
some things I always use when I make this soup:
is it soup time? check these out too (they're delicious):
check out our latest videos
here’s a video showing how to make it:
- butter - 1 tbsp
- ground beef - 1 pound, lean
- garlic salt - 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - 1/4 tsp
- celery stalks - 2, chopped fine
- kidney beans - 1 16 oz can, not drained
- cabbage - 1/2 head (medium), chopped
- tomatoes - 1 can (28 oz), including liquid
- water - 1 tomato can worth
- beef bouillon - 4 cubes
- parsley - fresh, for garnish
- Brown the beef in the butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add all the remaining ingredients except the parsley; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour. Serve garnished with fresh parsley.
this post contains affiliate links