These triple good bars combine tart lemon and sweet condensed milk, then sandwich it perfectly between two oaty, crumbly layers. They're sweet and delicious and sure to disappear quickly.
- raisins - 2 cups
- sweetened condensed milk - 14 oz can
- lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- lemon zest - 1 tbsp, grated
- butter - 1 cup, softened
- brown sugar - 1 1/3 cups
- vanilla extract - 1 1/2 tsp
- all purpose flour - 1 cup
- baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- salt - 1/4 tsp
- oats - 2 1/2 cups
- nuts - 1 1/2 cups, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 F and grease a 9" x 13" pan.
- In a medium saucepan, combine raisins, condensed milk, lemon juice and zest. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, just until mixture begins to bubble; cool slightly.
- Combine butter, brown sugar and vanilla; beat until light and fluffy. Add flour, baking soda and salt; mix well. Stir in oats and nuts. Reserve two cups oat mixture for topping.
- Press remaining oat mixture into greased pan and spread raisin mixture on top, to within 1/2 inch of edges. Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture and press lightly.
- Bake 25 - 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars.