Finding the perfect brownie recipe can be a challenge. Some turn out too dry, some turn out to gooey and some (like these) turn out just right. These have the perfect density—firm yet chewy. I like my brownies super-chocolatey, so these have added cocoa powder to bump them up a notch.
The rocky road topping is definitely optional. I love what it adds, but these brownies made just by themselves are spectacular as well—maybe served warm with a little scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side… yum.
Rich and Dense Brownies with Rocky Road Topping
Finding the perfect brownie recipe can be a challenge. Some turn out too dry, some turn out to gooey and some (like these) turn out just right. These have the perfect density—firm yet chewy. I like my brownies super-chocolatey, so these have added cocoa powder to bump them up a notch.Print Pin Rate Share
Servings: 12 servings
for the brownies:
- 6 oz chocolate - cut into pieces bittersweet
- ½ cup butter - cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
for the topping:
- sweet chocolate chips semi
- 1 ½ cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup walnuts - pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray an 8" square pan with cooking spray. Line the pan with two pieces of aluminum foil, then spray the foil. Be sure to leave enough foil over the sides so you can easily lift the brownies out when cooked.
- In a metal bowl, over boiling water, melt the chocolate and butter together, stirring with a rubber spatula until melted and combined. Gently whisk in the cocoa powder, then set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for about 30 minutes.
- While the brownies are baking, combine the chocolate chips, marshmallows and walnuts. Sprinkle the mixture on top of the cooked brownies, then return to the oven for an additional 5 - 7 minutes, or until the marshmallows and chocolate have begun to melt.
- Allow to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before lifting out using the aluminum foil and finish cooling completely on a wire rack.
Calories: 286kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 85mg | Potassium: 146mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 86IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 2mg
Leave a Reply