Most everyone has a standard method for roasting chicken, and this is the one I use most often. I really love the way the lemon adds such a zest to this dish; it plays perfectly with the garlic and thyme. For a quick, simple go-to dinner, this one is certainly in my top 5 list.
Roasted Chicken with Lemon and Vegetables
I really love the way the lemon adds such a zest to this dish; it plays perfectly with the garlic and thyme. For a quick, simple go-to dinner, this one is certainly in my top 5 list.Print Pin Rate Share
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 pound potatoes - cut into wedges
- 3 carrots - peeled and roughly chopped
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 onions - roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - separated
- to taste salt and pepper
- 3 pounds chicken - cut into pieces
- 3 lemons - sliced
- 3 sprigs thyme - fresh
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- In a large bowl, toss together the potatoes, carrots, garlic cloves, onions and celery in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, generously adding salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the remaining tablespoon of olive oil over the chicken pieces, add some salt and pepper, and rub it in well.
- Lay the fresh thyme sprigs over the chicken, then arrange the remaining lemon slices around, and bake for about 45 - 60 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken to a platter, cover with a foil tent. Turn your broiler on and return the vegetables to the the oven, close to the top, and allow to roast and brown for about 5 - 10 minutes, keeping a close eye on them so they don't burn.
- Serve the chicken over the vegetables, and spoon some of the collected sauce in the bottom of the pan over the top.
Calories: 572kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 122mg | Sodium: 157mg | Potassium: 1147mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 7929IU | Vitamin C: 77mg | Calcium: 92mg | Iron: 3mg
Leave a Reply