This is about as simple and flavorful as a pasta dish can be. It takes about 2 minutes to prepare (aside from cooking the pasta), and is so satisfying and delicious, you will want to make it all the time when you're in a rush for dinner. I eat this all the time – a great olive oil and some really good salt make all the difference.
Simple, Perfect Pasta
- 4 oz spaghetti - for 2
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup parmesan
- red pepper - crushed as needed
- salt and pepper - generously
- Boil pasta following package directions until al dente (usually I drain the pasta about one minute before the end of the cooking time).
- While pasta rests in strainer, pour enough oil into the still hot pot so the pasta won't stick to the bottom. The burner is OFF.
- Add drained pasta and pour in a little olive oil. Add salt, pepper, pepperoncini to taste and the very finely chopped garlic (I used a garlic press). Toss well together. Add the cheese, toss again, and serve immediately.