This slow cooker chicken casserole is so easy to make. You literally throw all the ingredients in and then come home to a delicious smelling, wonderful tasting complete meal.
The Ritz crackers didn't brown as much as I wanted in the slow cooker, so I took out the removable oven safe part and put it in the broiler for a few minutes to get the look I wanted. Try this dish - it's super easy and delicious.
Slow Cooker Creamy Ritz Chicken Casserole
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup - can condensed 10 oz
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 8 oz cream cheese tub - softened
- to taste salt and pepper
- 2 cups Ritz crackers - crushed
- ½ cup butter - melted
- 1 cup cheddar cheese - shredded
- 2 cups rice
- 1 small white onion - chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - pressed
- 4 chicken breasts - boneless, skinless
- 1 head broccoli - chopped
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mushroom soup with the stock, milk, cream cheese, salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, toss the Ritz crackers with the melted butter and cheddar cheese until well combined.
- Spray the inside of your slow cooker with cooking spray, then place the rice, onions and garlic in the bottom. Put the chicken and broccoli on top of the rice, then pour the mushroom soup mixture over the top.
- Sprinkle the cracker mix evenly over the top, then put the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for about 6 - 8 hours (or on high for 4 hours), or until the rice is soft and the chicken is cooked through.